The Structure Of Religion -
* In religion there is usually no understanding of what it means to be circumcised in heart, even by those circumcised in the flesh.
As examples these tend to be governed by man-
* Its spokespeople use key words to remind the faithful of their loyalty and prevent them from backsliding.
Observe how often the term evolution is mentioned in the media when there are better words to use, since evolution never requires third party input. For instance, computers do not evolve. Nor do cultures, concepts or projects where third party intelligent input is known or documented.
* Visual spectacles, whether choreographed or spontaneous, promote the authenticity of the religious experience.
* Mystery religions tend to have common themes of a non-
* Either the invisible supreme deity is the creator of everything or else it begets or generates a son to perform that function, e.g. Brahma, Christ.
* As the progenitors of life, male deities beget children, females produce them, and gender neutrals just make them magically appear.
* Such children may manifest its supreme nature, enabling its character to be understood. Not all of these children are good. Some are evil. Yet all have names.
* When God has no children, then the void is filled with adoration for the messenger and his or her writings, which are deemed highly sacred.
* To show either messenger and his or her writings any form of disrespect is tantamount to blasphemy, as if the messenger is the favourite son or daughter (often a son) of the deity or entity.
* In return religion tends to focus upon reproduction, that is, produce as many children as possible to pass on the faith or else restrict numbers and achieve this instead through proselytisation or IVF in a gender-
Observe how with the alternative the focus tends to be on the sex life of insects, birds, animals and creatures of the sea and their use of male or female dominance, often violent, to ensure that their mate is impressed. Such displays, though, are not permitted for the human "animal" Homo Sapiens.
In nature documentaries, predatory sexual violence seems to verge on the obsessive, even though in real life most people have little or no interest in their behaviour, since it is not part of their world, like a flat earth.
Yet they feel compelled to watch these romances in the wild unfold in amazing scenic environments.
* Often a philosophy or religion will be identified by an individual's thoughts and revelations espousing its merits.
For instance, Al ilah's messenger is the prophet Muhammad, while Christianity's THEOS has the apostle Paul and Evolution's messenger is Charles Darwin. Ezra is the messenger for the only invisible Eluhiym.
* Once their writings become institutionalised, such messengers are venerated and their lives sanitised.
* Birth places, sacred sites and relics are identified and revered. Much love and adoration are given to the messengers of each by their followers.
* What one knows of it is entirely up to its messenger. Its knowledge is then extrapolated to cover all areas of belief, ethics and science.
* Such messengers presume to speak on behalf of their invisible God or entity, declaring what is its will. This tends to be done with a sense of divine authority, as though no other messenger has been sent.
* Most have usually rebelled against an institutional form of religion or faith deemed to be false or corrupt and with which they feel uncomfortable.
* Some faiths claim to recognize all prophets, scriptures and religious traditions. Their messenger or messiah is the latest incarnation. Each comes with a new understanding and a new law. Others are exclusive of all other religions and faiths.
It is fascinating how a prophet can receive revelations from an angel while a 'messiah' from among his followers is able to hear God speak directly to him. Who is the more important?
Paul never received his message from any angel, but rather from "a revelation of Jesus Christ" which informed him of his invisible father (Galatians 1:8-
Yahuw’ah was some distance away when Eliyahuw heard His quiet voice. Earlier and later the two were closer together (1 Kings 19:12).
© 2019 Wayne J Zanker [FIMIOL Photographics]